All over the world scientists have been debating whether there is a benefit to wearing facemasks. The short answer is yes, but with reservations.
THESE SHOULD BE RESERVED FOR THOSE WHO LOOK AFTER OTHERS
They are in short supply and unless you work in a medical or care environment where you are exposed to high levels of Covid19, you really don’t need this professional level of protection.
GOOD NON MEDICAL MASKS – THESE MASKS HAVE YOU COVERED
- Pure, close weave Natural Fibres such as Cotton, Linen and Silk are best for breathing behind the mask
- 2 layers is better than 1: Our mask is made of double layer material
- 3 is better than 2: With a Filter pocket, you can insert a cotton cloth, tissue or coffee filter into the pocket for extra protection
- Nose wire – to close the gap across the bridge of your nose and stop your glasses from steaming up
- Elastic straps – these attach to your ears and are designed for comfort, durability and easy removal
You can also add a few drops of our PURE ESSENTIAL OILS to help your breathing and strengthen your immune system.
RISKS OF WEARING A FACE COVER
- They can instil a false sense of security
- Constantly adjusting the mask might spread infection
- As might taking it on and off when in crowded spaces
- Or touching of face with dirty hands
- Or forgetting to wash hands
RISKS FOR CHILDREN OF WEARING A FACE COVER
SOCIAL DISTANCING AND HANDWASHING IS BEST
- For children under 2 years old face masks are dangerous as they risk suffocation.
- Children under 12 should not wear a mask for any prolonged length of time as they are unable to monitor their breathing and a lack of good clean oxygen may go unnoticed and cause damage
BENEFIT OF WEARING A FACE COVER
YOU WILL PROTECT OTHERS
If you are infected but have no symptoms, you can spread the virus.
The Face Cover captures droplets as we sneeze, cough, sing or talk
GOOD PRACTICE WHILST WEARING FACE COVERS,
(Advice from the World Health Organisation (WHO))
- Wash your hands before putting on the mask
- Make sure it covers mouth and nose, and fits well without gaps
- Avoid touching the mask while using it
- Remove it with great care, from behind and immerse immediately into warm soapy water or in a bag.
For more advice go to: