The Plaristo of Rye, Highstreet Shop is now vacated.
Now we are getting the new shop on Harbour Road ready and hope to have this done for opening sometime in June.
In the meantime our online orders have been nice and steady. You can of course also email, phone (call 01797 222802 until we have established a new number for the shop) or text us we are personally delivering locally, posting nationally and sending internationally.
Many thanks for your many message of complements and encouragement.
your Plaristo Team
All over the world scientists have been debating whether there is a benefit to wearing facemasks. The short answer is yes, but with reservations.
MEDICAL MASKS , should be reserved for those who are looking after others. They are in short supply and unless you work in a medical or care environment where you are exposed to high levels of Covid19, you really don’t need this professional level of protection.
GOOD NON MEDICAL MASKS OR FACE MASKS
THESE MASKS HAVE YOU COVERED
- Pure, close weave Natural Fibres such as Cotton, Linen and Silk are best for breathing behind the mask
- 2 layers is better than 1: Our mask is made of double layer material
- 3 is better than 2: With a Filter pocket, you can insert a cotton cloth, tissue or coffee filter into the pocket for extra protection
- Nose wire – to close the gap across the bridge of your nose and stop your glasses from steaming up
- Elastic straps – these attach to your ears and are designed for comfort, durability and easy removal
PLARISTO AROMATHERAPY FACE MASKS enable you to add a tissue or cotton cloth into the filter pocket. Just 2 drops of our PURE ESSENTIAL OILS to help your breathing and strengthen your immune system. It also makes wearing a mask a lot more pleasurable.
For this purpose we specially recommend: Eucalyptus , Peppermint, Mint Lovers and Chamomile. But of course you can use most pure Essential Oils you love.
RISKS OF WEARING A FACE MASK
- They can instil a false sense of security
- Constantly adjusting the mask might spread infection
- As might taking it on and off when in crowded spaces
- Or touching of face with dirty hands
- Or forgetting to wash hands
RISKS FOR CHILDREN SOCIAL DISTANCING AND HAND WASHING IS BEST, BUT IF THEY HAVE TO WEAR A FACE MASK
- Ensure the Mask material is 100% natural
- For children under 2 years old face masks are dangerous as they risk suffocation.
- Children under 12 should not wear a mask for any prolonged length of time as they are unable to monitor their breathing and a lack of good clean oxygen may go unnoticed and cause damage
BENEFIT OF WEARING A FACE MASK
You will protect others. If you are infected, but have no symptoms, you can spread the virus. A Face Cover stops you spreading it. Face Covers capture droplets as we sneeze, cough, sing or talk
GOOD PRACTICE WHILST WEARING FACE MASKS
- Wash your hands before putting on the mask
- Make sure it covers mouth and nose, and fits well without gaps
- Avoid touching the mask while using it
- Remove it with great care, from behind and immerse immediately into warm soapy water or in a bag.
For more advice from Which? go to: https://www.which.co.uk/news/2020/05/coronavirus-should-we-be-wearing-face-masks/ – Which?
The World Health Organisation: https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019/advice-for-public/when-and-how-to-use-masks
2 months ago, the word Social Distancing was not even in my vocabulary and now it rules our entire life.
Corona19 is at its most dangerous when it escalates into a respiratory illness, when our lung is so deeply affected that we can’t breathe anymore. Our lung is the most social of all our organs, it is the one that most connects us with others. If we are in a room together, we inhale the air the other person has exhaled. It is through our breathing that we connect with each other.
Think of all the pollution which we have been inhaling. In large cities where the air is very polluted, many more people are dying of this virus. Right now, largely through industrial and vehicular inactivity our air had a chance to recover it’s purity. How lovely to look at the horizon with the thick yellow cloud of pollution magically edited out!
But it is not only the poisonous air that is produced elsewhere which threatens our lives. There is a danger lurking far closer to home! The many chemically scented products which we love to use.
Last year the debate of scented candles in your home was all over the news. Some people decided to ignore this, as one woman on the radio said: this is my only pleasure when I come home after a stressful day.
Others moved over to “Natural” Candles labelled “with essential oil” thinking they were safe. New studies have shown that they are emitting the tiniest micro particles in such quantities as a diesel car emits when you leave it running for 40 minutes. This not only settled in our lungs but also festered in our brain.
The truth is if you walk into your home and the scent of your favourite candle greets you like an old friend, you can be sure that the advertised essential oils have been enhanced with chemicals. True essential oils in a candle burn off very quickly, too quickly for the scented candle addicts’ taste. So quickly that you need a fine nose to smell a whiff of that beautiful scent before it disappears into the ether.
What is the safe answer?
- Think about what you are inhaling. Burn un-scented candles with clean unpolluted wax and cotton wicks
- Make sure you are not in an enclosed, but well-ventilated room when your candle is burning
- For a beautiful scent, there are alternatives: a diffuser with a few drops of essential oils, or an oil-burner with a pure wax melt and added essential oils. In both these instances you are in charge how strong or how weak the scent you inhale will be. Pure essential oils have many benefits and some even strengthen your immune system.
Empower your breathing! Every breath we take is precious.
As I write, I am thinking of everyone living with this new reality that has changed our lives. Will we be well? We don’t know. All we can do is our best and look after each other. Our ability to empathise will grow during this time of isolation and we all feel for all those who are losing loved ones in such sad circumstances.
Many of our products are feel-good products which you can explore on this website.
Glowing Glasses and Glowing Glass Lamps. A calming presence in your room.
Diffusers and Essential Oils. I have a diffuser by my bedside and regularly use Eucalyptus and Mint to ease my breathing. There are also the many wonderful scents to calm those worried thoughts, such as chamomile and lavender.
Oil-burners with beautiful Melts to create an atmosphere of calm and beauty.
Candles for moments of reflection or to accompany loving thoughts to a person who is having a hard time.
Our staff are all at home, but our online shop is still open and we will send you whatever you need to create special moments during this difficult time in all our lives.
Wishing you every strength, much compassion and endless love
Yours, Silvia, Chrissie and Nick, your Plaristo team
With the months still so dark why not head down to Plaristo of Rye or buy online some beautiful candles.