All over the world scientists have been debating whether there is a benefit to wearing facemasks. The short answer is yes, but with reservations.
MEDICAL MASKS , should be reserved for those who are looking after others. They are in short supply and unless you work in a medical or care environment where you are exposed to high levels of Covid19, you really don’t need this professional level of protection.
GOOD NON MEDICAL MASKS OR FACE MASKS
THESE MASKS HAVE YOU COVERED
- Pure, close weave Natural Fibres such as Cotton, Linen and Silk are best for breathing behind the mask
- 2 layers is better than 1: Our mask is made of double layer material
- 3 is better than 2: With a Filter pocket, you can insert a cotton cloth, tissue or coffee filter into the pocket for extra protection
- Nose wire – to close the gap across the bridge of your nose and stop your glasses from steaming up
- Elastic straps – these attach to your ears and are designed for comfort, durability and easy removal
PLARISTO AROMATHERAPY FACE MASKS enable you to add a tissue or cotton cloth into the filter pocket. Just 2 drops of our PURE ESSENTIAL OILS to help your breathing and strengthen your immune system. It also makes wearing a mask a lot more pleasurable.
RISKS OF WEARING A FACE MASK
- They can instil a false sense of security
- Constantly adjusting the mask might spread infection
- As might taking it on and off when in crowded spaces
- Or touching of face with dirty hands
- Or forgetting to wash hands
RISKS FOR CHILDREN SOCIAL DISTANCING AND HAND WASHING IS BEST, BUT IF THEY HAVE TO WEAR A FACE MASK
- Ensure the Mask material is 100% natural
- For children under 2 years old face masks are dangerous as they risk suffocation.
- Children under 12 should not wear a mask for any prolonged length of time as they are unable to monitor their breathing and a lack of good clean oxygen may go unnoticed and cause damage
BENEFIT OF WEARING A FACE MASK
You will protect others. If you are infected, but have no symptoms, you can spread the virus. A Face Cover stops you spreading it. Face Covers capture droplets as we sneeze, cough, sing or talk
GOOD PRACTICE WHILST WEARING FACE MASKS
- Wash your hands before putting on the mask
- Make sure it covers mouth and nose, and fits well without gaps
- Avoid touching the mask while using it
- Remove it with great care, from behind and immerse immediately into warm soapy water or in a bag.
For more advice from Which? go to: https://www.which.co.uk/news/2020/05/coronavirus-should-we-be-wearing-face-masks/ – Which?
The World Health Organisation: https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019/advice-for-public/when-and-how-to-use-masks